onsdag 5. august 2015

LESSology #50 ZIP me UP!

Hi there and thank you for popin' in visiting my blog :)
It is August 5th and it is my turn to have the blog post 
over at LESSology.
It is Challenge # 50: Zip me up!
Yes! you guessed it right ;) it is to Incorporate a zipper on your project
....and you can be as creative as you like, using a Zipper
 in any possible way, togerth with at least one upcycled item.


I made a pocket card  to be opened and closed by a a zipper


A sneak peek of the innside when finished


I forgot to take a picture of my upcycling items before I started,
but it is an old zipper, a food waste bag for recycling bio-waste
and a piece of  material from an old pair of jeans.
The jeans material is used to reinforce the opening ( the dark line on the top) 
where I have made an opening for a pocket on the outside
for  keeping  photos and other memorobilias
This is what it looks like when ziped up.
..and his is the out side when open.... all before decorating the front
and inside( below)
I foldet the bag in to 3 sections, only sewing the zipper on to the

top and middle part (of the original paper bag), leaving the
 bottom part  of the bag to be folded inwards, and
to make room for the tags when  the top part of this
section has been  cut off.

The out side when finished. On this side I have added photos to
both of the outsides and made an envelope to keep the ones I didn't use

front of the photo "chain"....
and I added photos to the back side of the photo "chain"

this is the envelope which fitted into a pocket on the front cover
a snapshop of a loose photo and the open envelope

this is the back side
with more photo tags in pockets
this is the revers side of the photo tags above
and this is a big photo tag that goes all the way in
(you can see the bend on the photo from when the card
is zipped up)

here follows some close ups  from the inside of the card...
I used mainly left over papers adding stamps and
other bling and fun "stuff" for embellishments
here follows some close ups of the pockets and 
both sides of the tags too



If you like to play along  with our challenge and have some
creative fun using something zipper related,
 please pop over to LESSology where you
over the next couple of days will find some
super cool  Zipper Creations
from the other DT ladies :)

Thank you for stopping by today I really do appreciate it

HUGz

2 kommentarer:

  1. This is FABULOUS!! LOVING all the recycled goodies you used!!!!!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Loving how you have used recycled items!

    SvarSlett